On Jul 18, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Sean Eagan wrote:

> It would also allow declarative non-integer own properties for arrays,
> and arbitrary own properties to regular expressions, numbers,
> booleans, and strings, though I can't think of any specific use cases
> for those off of the top of my head.

Yes, I should have mentioned at least the array case.

> Also, how about |> as opposed to <&, since it is a dual to <| adding
> own rather than inherited properties?

I'd be a bit concerned about  some people getting confused about which
direction of the "arrow" corresponds to each operation.  Might be particularly
hard for people with dyslexia.  I have played around with some other
possibilities, for example, +<| .

I like the nemonic value of having + or & as part of the operator symbol for
"extend" but  unfortunately <+ can't be used.

Allen