On Nov 1, 2011, at 11:06 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2011, at 10:57 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:
>
>> On Nov 1, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Dmitry Soshnikov wrote:
>>
>>> The technique I showed of course initially is designed to be used with
>>> class-system; though, I think it can be adopted to class-free system as
>>> well.
>>
>> We're not going to delete and restore. That's a non-starter for performance
>> and observable mutation reasons.
>
> the mutation is so wrong, and not just for performance reasons.

So wrong, don't get me started.

It's important to avoid non-starters that delete, but more than that, we have a
pigeon-hole problem. You can't solve it using the heap and nested
save-and-restore mutation. That's observable and it doesn't compose.

Back to minimal classes with super factored out nicely as Allen has done. I
have a counter-proposal brewing.

/be