I see two domains for the concept of “own” properties:
1. Meta-programming.
2. Using objects as dictionaries.

Isn’t #2 the majority (at least as far as non-library-programmers are
concerned)? Will the concept become less relevant once we have David Herman’s
dicts?

I also like the Python-style iterator-based approach, e.g. something like the
following:

     for ([key,value] on pairs(obj)) {
     }

--