This is a perfect use case for the forth-coming module system (similar to
the way Globalization is being developed). Dave Herman and I had a brief
"over Twitter" exchange that began with my desire for a migration of
parseInt and parseFloat to Math, which I followed with a suggestion to do
the same with setTimeout and setInterval (despite those currently existing
in the realm of DOM APIs) to the imaginary Timer object.

Rick