Brendan Eich wrote:
I noted to Jeremy that even his classes gist snuck in a novelty or two
(the one I remember is class <expr> evaluating <expr> and copying it
somehow). We need to avoid novelty, while accepting that doing so is to
some extent future-hostile because present-friendly.

Could you please make this clearer, if you can? I do not understand it fully, but what I understood so far (maybe mistakenly), I am afraid of.

You say no brand new idea has chance to get in, since it is not known what it brings in the future? I am kind of person that believes in crazy (read: really different) ideas can push things through... but nevertheless, what did you mean more exactly by this paragraph?

/be

Thanks, Herby