On Mar 29, 2012, at 6:23 AM, Domenic Denicola wrote:

> Bigger question: It sounds like TCP was sacrificed in favor of maximal
> minimalism, which makes sense.

No, maximal minimalism is not our universal principle for ES6. It's important
for classes, for various reasons, but it's not our approach to everything. TCP
was sacrificed primarily because the legacy of C causes most people to expect
return, break, and continue to expect to be local to one function only, so it
seems to cause tons of confusion to break this expectation.

> But, is this strawman friendly toward future TCP endeavors, perhaps in
> ES.next.next?

Perhaps. But I wouldn't hold my breath; I make almost no predictions that far
into the future.

> For example, if `do` expressions were specced in the way discussed
> previously, could putting one to the right of the => result in TCP semantics?

Definitely not. The do-expressions would not magically reach outside of their
function. The point of do-expressions is that they are totally compositional;
they don't introduce any new implicit changes to the meaning of
break/continue/return. And since => functions *will* bind return and disable
break/continue, there's no way do-expressions could get around that.

Dave