The threat (not sure how real) is not a string telling the backtrace, it's an object reference to an ancestor function in the call stack.

/be

Domenic Denicola wrote:
I'm becoming increasing convinced that the poison pill approach to securing the
caller chain is a poor approach.  We keep finding leaks in and it does nothing
to prevent implementation from inventing new ways to expose the stating they
are trying to hide. I now think we would be better off with a
general,non-algorithmic restriction on conforming implementation that forbid
them from exposing elements of the caller chain in the situations that the
poison pills were intended to address.

This sounds a bit drastic—wouldn't it preclude V8's Error.captureStackTrace?