You are of course right, Brendan, and thanks for addressing my points.
Certainly part of this was fueled more by frustration than informed knowledge
(see below).

Fair point. I think I and others would be reassured if we had some analogies
drawn with the HTML5 timescale: e.g. how long from <article>, <section> etc.
until they got included in default browser stylesheets, or how long from <input
type="date"> to browser UIs. (That last one is actually a pretty good example
of slow implementation progress; I feel a lot better about ES6's progress when
I think about how we are just now getting a UI for <input type="date"> in
Chrome.)

> > * Node.js with --harmony flag gets you collections, old proxies, and
> (significantly) block scoping. But Node does not make it easy to indicate
> "this file needs to be run with --harmony," or e.g. to require harmony-
> using files from non-harmony-using libraries. So this ends up being a
> nonstarter for library authors, leaving it only usable by application
> writers. Besides, the proxies are still old, which is really unfortunate.
>
> That'll be fixed this year, soon I'm told.

The proxies, or Node.js? In either case, great news! And in either case, how
did you learn about this? I try to stay up to date on all relevant blogs,
Twitter feeds, mailing lists, etc., but certainly could have missed one. If it
was private communication, perhaps in the interest of helping developers see
ES6 progress (as per Brandon's original point) such things could be more
publicized in the future? I imagine that's complicated though.

> >   And the iteration rate is slowww: stuff like destructuring has been
> harmonized for a long time, but shows no sign of making it into V8.
>
> How would you see the signs? Just asking. I know the Munich team is going
> strong and they have skills. I don't know detailed schedule, but there is
> no need to presume inaction or action. Let's ask.

I guess I can't really expect to see all the signs through public channels, as
above. Still, I think opening such channels would be a valuable thing for the
community.