On 24 May 2012 07:13, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Domenic Denicola wrote:
>>  And the iteration rate is slowww: stuff like destructuring has been
>> harmonized for a long time, but shows no sign of making it into V8.
>
> How would you see the signs? Just asking. I know the Munich team is going
> strong and they have skills. I don't know detailed schedule, but there is no
> need to presume inaction or action. Let's ask.

Indeed. The V8 team is committed to Harmony. But obviously, it is not
the only thing we are working on, and it is a significant amount of
work that will take time. The highest prority currently are modules,
which are more important than, say, destructuring, because they are
less well understood and having the implementation experience is
important for the spec as well. There is no concrete roadmap for other
features, but destructuring is relatively high on the list.

For a variety of reasons, we will not remove the harmony flag for
features before they have proved stable enough. On the web, a bug in
the implementation of something as intrusive as proxies can be a
serious issue, for example. On the other hand, there is no reason why
`node' cannot build/run V8 with the flag turned on by default, if they
wish to (or the users pressure them ;) ).

/Andreas