Rick Waldron wrote:

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Felix Böhm <esdisc...@feedic.com
<mailto:esdisc...@feedic.com>> wrote:

    Per definition, rest parameters always need to be at the end of a
    FormalParameterList. I was wondering if this limitation could be liftet.

Consider:

function foo( a, b, ...others, c ) {
   return [ a, b, others, c ];
}

foo( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 );

   a  b  others
[ 1, 2, [ 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ] ]

How do you resolve where to stop claiming arguments as items in the rest
param "others"?

[ 1, 2, [ 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ] ]
As I understand Felix's idea, it's that the parameters after ...rest eat up the last ones. Using last (or last few) params is the often used (not that I like it) pattern - node.js is full of it since callback is always last.

But I understand there are problems. First, what with optional params after ...rest. And the second, how to parse it when foo(1, 2) called?

Rick

Herby