Boris Zbarsky:
Per the current spec proposal, the GSP lives on the proto chain and
exposes the various id/name stuff as own properties on itself, with the
usual caveats about checking up the proto chain first that DOM named
access has.  See
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#NamedPropertiesObject (which
Window uses).  There was a bunch of previous discussion about this at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2012JanMar/0010.html
and following, though it's not clear to me now whether the solution we
decided on allows var to shadow these named props as desired after all...

I think it should, since they're exposed as data properties on the named properties object.