David Bruant wrote:
Pre-WebIDL DOM bindings cheat by using native code to run on every set and even get, without the own data property reflecting as an accessor. That seems worse than what we have settled on with prototype-homed inherited accessors, no?
I'm not 100% sure. In a world with proxies, "code to run on every set and even get without the own data property reflecting as an accessor" will be legion; that's almost the definition of a proxy.

Sure, but should all those DOM objects whose pre-WebIDL browser-specific bindings used magic data properties have to become proxies? Has anyone checked whether doing so is (a) compatible; (b) performant?