On 12/29/12 10:42 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
If I'm not misreading the code, it actually hangs its DOM
property getters/setters of the prototype internally, makes them look
like own properties on objects when reflected via
getOwnPropertyDescriptor, and has magic to make a property lookup return
the getter/setter pair internally and have their interpreter and JIT
call those.

One other note. SpiderMonkey used to have some things sort of like this (though not quite as well-integrated with the JIT); I believe they've been actively trying to remove them precisely because they end up being a pain to reflect in terms of property descriptors. The line I've heard from that direction has been to use proxies for weird stuff, getter/setters or real value properties for non-weird stuff.

Now obviously you can use proxy semantics to describe even things that don't really _need_ to be all that weird. When you have a hammer and all... ;)

-Boris