Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> I think I previously asked if anybody is aware of situations where
> Object.isFrozen tests are done but Object.freeze is not used to set
> objects to the frozen state. So far, no answers. Anybody?

Speaking just from my own experience as a user of ES5, I have not found
`Object.isFrozen` to be helpful yet.  If I want to see if I can configure a
property, I check `Object.isExtensible` and
`!Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(obj, key) ||
Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(obj, key).configurable`.

`Object.isFrozen` and `Object.isSealed` don't really seem that helpful to me
for the very reasons you've discussed: They don't represent any real object
state, so they don't accurately tell me what can be done with an object.  If I
could I would argue in favor of their removal, though I know it's too late for
that.

I would be curious to see legitimate uses of `isFrozen` and `isSealed` in
existing code if anyone has anything to offer.

Nathan