Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
Actually, no. Reducing API complexity (in this case, the Proxy handler API) at the expense of a little bit of added spec. complexity seems like a very reasonable trade-off. Plus, we are talking about spec. complexity, not necessarily implementation complexity.

Sure, but the spec is "the first implementation". If implementors will not add another state bit (I predict they won't) then the spec is doing a disservice here.

The Proxy API is complex already, due to ES5 in this case. It is not that much less complex with setIntegrity. I don't think the trade-off is worth it, and I suggest the "all implementors ignore the spec complexity" condition is one to avoid.