* Jeff Walden wrote:
>On 03/03/2013 06:49 PM, Rick Waldron wrote:
>> Is this +1 to findIndex?
>
>Not that I much care between the two, just making sure another
>reasonable name is considered, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be named
>"find" rather than "findIndex".  The index seems like the only bit you'd
>reasonably be looking to find.  (Well, maybe existence, but I'd expect a
>name like "contains" for that, or just indexOf !== -1.)

`find` finds the first element matching the supplied predicate in C#,
Groovy, Haskell, and Scala, and the first element that is equal to the
supplied value in C++, to mention a few examples. I think Python has a
`find` method on strings that returns the index, but that's not generic.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjo...@hoehrmann.de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de