Thanks for this :-)

"The /name/ property is initialized with the best value given static semantics" => I think all the rules should be explicitly laid out (i think that's what you did in the subsections after this sentence) to avoid implementation-specific interpretations of this sentence. Some previous work [1] could be considered as finding "the best value given static semantics". Also, "given static semantics" is a fluctuating definition since the result can change when new syntax is added.

David

[1] http://johnjbarton.github.com/nonymous/index.html