On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Mark S. Miller <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>
>>
>> No, that's not what I mean.  The semantics we've discussed multiple
>> times are that modules are compiled with respect to the global object
>> at compilation time, and free variables at that point (ie, compilation
>> time) are a static error.  This is implicit in the discussion here:
>> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:module_loaders (see the
>> "global objects" section) and explicit in some of the notes, I'm sure.
>
>
> Yes, that is what I remember. A case I no longer remember though: What if a
> property is deleted from the global object after the module is compiled?

This is still a dynamic error (a reference error, like Rick said),
which I'm not really happy about.  The only alternative I've thought
of is changing such properties to non-configurable at compilation time
of the module that references them.  But that's a weirdly non-local
effect, and is probably worse than the disease.

Sam
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to