On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock <[email protected]>wrote:
> > On Sep 26, 2013, at 3:30 PM, Rick Waldron wrote: > > > > > On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock > <[email protected]>wrote: > >> ... >> >> >> Maybe the exception could be enumerability exception could be concise >> methods with string literal property names that do not parse as >> IdentifierName. >> > > I'm trying to understand if there is something I'm missing about "string > literal property names that do not parse as IdentifierName" that is somehow > different from what exists today. What happens here: > > var o = { > "@concise"() {} > }; > > > non-estensible > > > o["@method"] = function() {}; > > > extensible > > > jQuery.extend(Some.prototype, o); > > > copies "@method" > doesn't copy "@concise" > That's what I was afraid of... Ignoring any exceptions for concise methods, this breaks backward compatibility. Not for the author of the object, but for code that is expected to behave a certain way when it receives an object. Rick
_______________________________________________ es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

