On 10/31/2013 8:50 AM, David Bruant wrote:
I'm not sure it's worth making it work for jQuery. This is trying to make a good use of same-origin multi-global which shouldn't exist in the first place. Keeping same-origin access as it is and encouraging people to add @sandbox even on same-origin iframes seems like a better idea.

Should the addition be a nicer Object.prototype.toString.call?

You're right, it's not instanceof. But I definitely think the argument can be made that there is a need for checking if something is of a certain class. I'm finding myself wanting things like `isGenerator` and `isGeneratorFunction`, for example. There's countless examples of people re-purposing Object.prototype.toString to serve this functionality ad hoc.