Allen, in which place on current known universe, when you parse a
JSON.string, your reviver function receives objects from another realm,
exactly?

That logic is bypassing and full-satisfying JSON.parse revival expectations
returning object later on checked as instanceof String in order to
differentiate and revive them differently and the same is done for Object,
where `typeof` would create a disaster in that tested logic with just a
`null` value plus CircularJSON is fully compatible with ES3 and Mr D.
Crockford JSON polyfill too so  .... since we'd like to have shimmable code
and Symbols are a no-go, do you still think instanceof is not needed at all?

'cause just this `null instanceof Object` is a good reason to use it when
objects are expected in a revival loop, imho.

Thanks, regardless, for spending some time on it.

Cheers