Le 07/11/2013 22:46, K. Gadd a écrit :
That's the sort of obstacle that factors into a developer's choice of language and toolset. I've seen this particular concern with ES crop up in the past on real projects, and I've seen firsthand how difficult it is to avoid uncollectable cycles in a language environment without any sort of weak reference mechanism. Leaking large uncollectable cycles can have catastrophic consequences in multimedia applications and games, where those cycles might be retaining images or sounds or other huge game assets.
The repeated use of the word "cycle" worries me. Cycles aren't a problem by themselves with mark and sweep, do we agree?

David