Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
Now its just a word that we are assigning our own meaning to, so we can use "turn" if we want. But is that equivalence of "turn" and "task" really what you're used to, and something whose meaning is intuitive enough?

On naming, we can use Turn instead of Task if enough people get it. I like it (much better than longer "Activity" which is quite vague in comparison, and even better than even longer "ECMAScript Task"). So +1 for Mark's proposal from me.

More substantively, I'm concerned that you don't understand HTML microtasks but conjecture that they can be layered on top of ES tasks. I'm not necessarily faulting you alone here! The HTML specs I've read over the years at whatwg.org are maddeningly strung out and (I think) incomplete in defining tasks and microtasks. Perhaps they are better now.

Who will understand both HTML and ES6 draft and make sure your conjecture is true?