I would rephrase into this:

if you need a getOwnPropertyNames trap, you might need for consistency a
getOwnPropertySymbols independently from getOwnPropertyDescriptors since
these methods are already available.

I also would like to add a couple of links to support the fact
getOwnPropertyDescriptors
is needed, and has been asked for, since quite a while: this was 11th of
November 2011 ... I didn't know it, and now that I do I wonder why this has
been post-poned for so long and never discussed again.

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2011-November/018275.html

Best Regards