On 1/15/15 1:22 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
It's what IE does, according to Travis.

I'll let Travis address this.

Care to ask the UA implementors who are clearly not doing anything even
resembling your spec?  Because it might turn out they might have reasons
for it...

I've asked you many times.

I'm not one of those implementors. What Gecko does right now is more or less black-box indistinguishable from your spec, modulo cross-origin issues. However we may be changing what we do; we'll see.

Implementations disagreeing with each other doesn't mean the spec is
undefined.

But it can well mean they're not willing to implement it as written.

It doesn't match _all_ implementations, certainly.

OK, but have you bothered to find out why?

Per the HTML spec, there's two ways that WindowProxy can change. One is
session history traversal. That can never happen with JS on the stack

Are you sure, given showModalDialog?

-Boris