agreed and not only, it took years before various engines fully implemented
ES5 so saying years later that an engine is fully compliant with a year in
the past feels so wrong !!!

Why is that? Where is the thread that explains this decision?

I mean ... how should I call my browser that is not 100% compliant with
HTML5, a fully compliant HTML 1997 browser ?

Thanks for any sort of clarification