I wouldn't hold my breath. Sun was not ever in the mood, even when I checked while at Mozilla just before the Oracle acquisition closed. Also, "the community" cannot own a trademark.

Trademarks must be defended, or you lose them. This arguably has happened to JavaScript. Perhaps the best course is to find out (the hard way) whether this is so.

/be

Axel Rauschmayer wrote:
This reminds me: Axel (not Alex) cannot recommend "JavaScript 2015" to anything near the Ecma standard, because trademark. :-/

Ah, good point. It’d be lovely if whoever owns the trademark now (Oracle?) could donate it to the community. Or the community buys it via crowd-funded money.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
a...@rauschma.de <mailto:a...@rauschma.de>