On Feb 23, 2015, at 2:44 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> Minor wording nit-pick/question:
>
> In what sense is an operator form declarative? I get that it's not an API --
> special form is special ;-). But what's being declared if the only grammar
> extension is to the expression grammar?

I know, one layer declarations are another layers imperative instructions...

What the mixin operator is doing is taking declarative property definitions and
dynamically associating them with a specific object or class. The declarative
part is the property definitions and home object binding mechanism.  No
imperative plumbing needed or exposed to make it happen.  That's really the
contrast I'm making

Allen