> On Mar 30, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Yehuda Katz <wyc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think this is an accurate representation of the discussion we had.

It’s my characterization of the situation and reflects my position. I agreed to
disabling calling class constructors via a throw in order to get the consensus
necessary to move forward with finishing ES6.  However, I also think that that
restriction was technically unnecessarily and crippling for some use cases.  I
know you have some, as yet not fully specified, alternative in mind. I don’t
know its details so I can’t directly comment on it. But,  I’m skeptical that of
the need for anything other than new.target and I’m pretty sure that any
alternative will be move complex and take longer to get into implementations.

Allen