We cannot introduce a global property named `global` at this point.

I don't think everyone replying lately has read the whole thread carefully :-|.

/be

Andrea Giammarchi wrote:
Sure workers too, but it doesn't in server side and it doesn't mean anything meaningful for all developers coming from other languages. `self` is a misleading word and in ES6 specs we have mentioned global object and never a single word for the `self` keyword, or its meaning.

`global` does not need that kind of explanation you put down for historical purpose, `global` is well known meaning for everyone in JS world, including members in this ML that would refer to the global scope, and the global object, regardless they mean sometimes `realm` ... or isn't it?