Promise subclassing is super useful.  `prfun` uses it extensively: first to
override the global `Promise` to avoid polluting the global namespace, and
then secondly to implement features like `Promise#bind`.  I've also used it
experimentally to implement "functional" promises (with a `Promise#chain`
method) on top of ES6 Promises.

I actually had a paragraph like this in my earlier response (on the other
thread) and deleted it, since it seemed off-topic there.  But suffice it to
say I've already used the subclass extension mechanism for Promises in a
number of ways which are impossible with the more-limited and ad hoc
"makeRemote" mechanism.  And you say that you can implement pipelining on
top of subclassing.  So subclassing seems more general to me...

What's the specific use case which you can't make work with a Promise
subclass?
  --scott