The main reason I don't use it is because I have bad experiences with transparent currying in dynamic languages. It'll be one of those things I almost never have the use case for. Kinda like SIMD and Math.imul. YMMV
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015, 15:27 Jeremy Darling <[email protected]> wrote: > Maybe it belongs on the Function prototype, something like > Function.prototype.curry. To me, having Curry built into the language > would be beneficial especially with the large push that is being seen > toward Functional development in JavaScript. > > On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Yongxu Ren <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Michał, thanks for pointing that out. Yes, optional options as the last >> optional parameter does exist, in multiple libraries. But I is there really >> existed any library that using arrow function like this? I doubt it. >> >> I think arrow function should only be used for lambda expression, >> callback and short in block function. It does cause incompatibility if >> anyone used arrow function for API interface, but doing that is >> anti-pattern. >> >> Curry function are often used in iterations, a slow polyfill will defeat >> the purpose. >> Considering this case: >> ``` >> map (add 1) [1..100000] >> ``` >> I think native syntax support for curry will be a good thing, it can be >> used for JIT. >> However, javascript already too big, so why not just let existing syntax >> to do the work? >> >> _______________________________________________ >> es-discuss mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss >> >> > _______________________________________________ > es-discuss mailing list > [email protected] > https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss >
_______________________________________________ es-discuss mailing list [email protected] https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

