Allen, what was the motivation for allowing random escapes in
identifiers but not in keywords? AFAICS, it would be simpler and more
consistent to allow them anywhere and render "escape normalisation" a
uniform prepass before tokenisation. IIUC, that's what other languages
do. The current ES rules are far from ideal, and require jumping
through extra hoops, in particular, to handle context-dependent
keywords like `yield`.

/Andreas