On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Isiah Meadows <isiahmead...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a reason why escapes like that in the title shouldn't evaluate to
> keywords? To be honest, it's bad style, but I don't get how it would be
> breaking the Web.

This.  I do not understand this either.

If you were to write:

var x = "\u006eew";

it'd be obvious that you're referring to the codepoint in the source
(written in ASCII or something ASCII-compatible) so that it doesn't
get garbled in the editors of your fellow programmers who might not be
using the same locale.

It's strange that you would do that in an identifier because in no
one's editor would the editor replace it with the unicode character it
refers to.

I've always thought JS identifiers were a little too liberal with what
is allowed, and in that spirit I think it should continue - but Grumpy
Cat[1] disapproves.

1: http://img2-2.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/pets/news/141124/grumpy-cat-800.jpg