Hi Mark, reading again I think I've got what you meant by different methods
triggered through same `click` listener.
Your example with `this.listener = this.onClick;` made me think you had one
click.

In that case, having a state works pretty well or you could simply have a
list of methods to be triggered when click happens.

```js
class Click {
  constructor(el) {
    this._click = [this.sayHello, this.sayGoodbye];
    el.addEventListener('click', this);
  }
  sayHello() {
    alert('Hello from ' + this.constructor.name);
  }
  sayGoodbye() {
    alert('Goodbye from ' + this.constructor.name);
  }
  handleEvent(e) {
    this._click.forEach((method) => method.call(this, e));

// test
new Click(document.documentElement);
```

At this point all you have to do is to push, pop, or splice listeners,
instead of passing through the DOM each time.
You can also copy or pass states around and you'll never need to directly
bind each method.

You can always drop all at once simply doing
`el.removeEventListener('click', this);`

If none of my ideas work for you, then you'll need to come up with some
better proposal or discuss with WHATWG about a different `addEventListener`
signature.

The only thing that could work on top of my head, thanks to recent changes
to the third parameter, is eventually this:

```js
el.addEventListener('click', this.onClick, {context: this});

// with a counterpart
el.removeEventListener('click', this.onClick, {context: this});
```

AFAIK latest changes to the API do not need you to store that third
argument, only its content matters, so that this would be the easiest way
to implement what you're after, yet this is DOM-land, so it's in WHATWG ml
that this should be discussed.

Hope something helped.

Best Regards