On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Bob Myers <r...@gol.com> wrote:

> People in the real world continue to wonder why they can't
> pick/destructure from objects into objects, instead of just variables.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39602360/es6-
> destructuring-reassignment-of-object?noredirect=1#39602360
>
> This is actually the second such question on SO in the last week.

Well, this not as weighty a consideration as you might think.

Some people on a web site are curious to know if they can reduce 2 lines of
JS code to 1 line. Their shared curiosity may be a coincidence; or it may
be the language's fault. Presume the latter. It doesn't follow that the
answer should be yes. Since all new syntax imposes some mental load on all
language users, the answer should be no unless the benefit is really
dramatic, which I don't think it is here.

-j