Is there a serious push to add pattern matching to language? Does any
popular dynamically typed language have pattern matching?
I read that TC39 agreed on adding pattern matching to language in March
2013. 4 years later we don't have even stage 0 proposal - so I would
consider it to be a dead end or wishful thinking.