Any future matching syntax would clearly support the special cases people
want to codify now. It might be that the best possible syntax is lost, but
e.g. ASI alone is probably a much bigger cause of syntax showstoppers to be
worried about. IMO, let it build up, then we can start thinking about a
syntax overhaul another day. The chances are that We Ain't Gonna Need It.