Sorry, mentioning support in syntax highlighters might have been
misleading. I am talking specifically about executable JavaScript scripts
and modules. It's a common pattern in node to have programs written in
JavaScript, with a shebang and the x flag set.

I just mentioned editor / syntax highlighter support to say "this is
already de-facto part of real life JavaScript as it's understood by tools,
it's just missing from the spec".