On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Naveen Chawla
<naveen.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it has to be an identifier, especially given proposals
> like `meta`, dynamic functionality etc.

There's a slight misunderstanding here about the term "identifier" that may
be preventing your fully understanding what I'm saying. `import` isn't, and
cannot be, an identifier, because it's a keyword. See the [Identifiers
section][1] of the spec. This is the fundamental difference between
`import` and `document` (or perhaps more properly [since `document` isn't a
JavaScript thing], between `import` and, say, `undefined` or `Symbol`).
Understanding the difference between an identifier and a keyword may help
you understand better what I'm saying regarding why `module` *as an
identifier* might be a problem.

I'll leave the question of whether passing that identifier's value around
would be a problem to people more familiar with the complexities of the
import mechanisms. As I've said several times now: I *suspect* it's a
problem, I don't *know* that it is.

-- T.J. Crowder

[1]:
http://www.ecma-international.org/ecma-262/8.0/index.html#sec-identifiers