Thanks for engaging.

This entire little sub-thread, and my question about what nuance I was
missing, was related to one single item on your useful list of reasons why
property spread was a good idea, namely your assertion that property spread
permits engine optimizations which are different, or better, or easier,
than those possible with `Object.assign`.

I asked about this specifically because I had been under the impression
that `{...a, ...b}` is semantically equivalent *in every regard* to
`Object.assign(a, b)`. Then I was hoping that the issue you posted to the
V8 issue tracker would cast light on the difference, but could not see
anything there that helped me understand it either. On the contrary, in
your post as I read it you seem to be assuming/implying that the two cases
are equivalent in terms of opportunities for optimization.

I am perfectly willing to consider reasons for bringing in property spreads
such as "parity" or "brevity". It's a separate discussion as to whether or
not those other criteria do or do not apply, or to what degree they might
apply, to property picking. First, I just want to understand the point
about engine optimization, because if that is actually the case it would
seem to be a very compelling argument. The simple version of the question
is, are there or are there not engine optimizations specifically made
possibly by property spread syntax which would not be possible with
`Object.assign`, and if so what are they?

Bob