if you want to adhere to the python/jslint philosophy of “there should be one
and preferably only one common design-pattern to do it”, then array.from is the
most suitable candidate for copying/coercing lists.  it can generalise to
common pseudo-lists like function-arguments and frontend-query-selectors, which
array.slice cannot as shown in these real world examples [1] [2]:

```js
/*
 * coerce/copy frontend query-selector pseudo-list to list
 */

// disable <script> tag
Array.from(
    document.querySelectorAll('script')
).forEach(function (element) {
    element.outerHTML = '<script></script>';
});
```

```js
/*
 * coerce/copy function-argument pseudo-list to list
 */

task.onDone = function () {
    // preserve error.message and error.stack
    task.result = JSON.stringify(Array.from(arguments)
        .map(function (element) {
            if (element && element.stack) {
                element = local.objectSetDefault(local.jsonCopy(element), {
                    message: element.message,
                    name: element.name,
                    stack: element.stack
                });