It's worth noting that the driving use case here is coming from NodeJS
development hitting issues where the guaranteed result for dynamic import
resolution can't be assumed to be a module namespace, although please
correct me if I'm wrong here Gus.

Alternatively could this mitigation be handled by creating a
`Promise.resolveStrict` primitive that explicitly opts-out of thenable
resolution in the promise chain?

I'd think we are getting further and further away now from third-party
promise implementation interops, that such approaches might make sense to
consider at this point, in the name of returning to more well-defined
semantics.