I think the purpose of this proposal is to *forbid* module authors from
making their Module Record namespace object thenable, since doing that
causes confusion.

Setting a property on the function doesn't work when the "then" is
inherited but the object still wants to be non-thenable; I think that the
property has to go on the object - the thing that's not thenable - not on
the "then" function itself, which wouldn't even have to be touched or
looked at if the object is non-thenable.