On Fri, Jun 22, 2018, 5:30 PM doodad-js Admin <dooda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *“Blacklisting or whitelisting, that’s an open discussion”: It really
> isn't.*
>

> So for you, blacklisting or whitelisting is not opened to a discussion?

No.
Case based reasoning doesn't work when the partition of cases can't be
enumerated so if we want confidence in our tools we ought prefer
whitelisting.

*No it isn't.  As I mentioned earlier, a combination of source code
> rewriting, out of language isolation, and special purpose libraries have a
> better track record than AST filtering for general purpose programming
> languages.*
>

> So, you don’t want JS code interpretation inside “user reports formulas”,
> “template engines”, “compiler tools”, ...?

This is silly.  I can want these without wanting them built using
substandard tools.