I don't think string namespaced names are the right feature here

Namespaces are intended mainly to avoid conflicts with names when
sharing a global scope (like when using classpath in Java, or libs in
C++)
Javascript already solves this problems with modules, you can always
guard your code with instanceof and the right instance of your class,
you don't need "qualified names"
``` js
// flow.js
export class Flow {
}
```
``` js
// main.js
import { Flow } from './flow.js'; // we don't need namespaces, a "file
path" already resolves conflicts for us

const doSomething = (obj)  => {
  if (obj instanceof Flow) {
    // ...
```

You can also customize the instanceof operation with `Symbol.hasInstance`
``` js
class Flow {
  // Normally you would check the minimum contract required to any guard work
  // Probably bad idea to override in most of the cases
  static [Symbol.hasInstance](obj) {
    return '_flow' in obj;

// Note that the control is inverse to your proposal the Class
determines if a value is instance (this why it's static)
// Without altering `Flow[Symbol.hasInstance]` just expected objects
will pass the check in `doSomething`
doSomething({}); // doesn't work
doSomething({ __proto__: Flow.prototype }); // doesn't work
doSomething({ _flow: undefined }); // actually works
```

~string qualified names are so 20th century~

Em qua, 16 de jan de 2019 às 01:48, Randy Buchholz
<w...@randybuchholz.com> escreveu:

> Right. Misappropriating a symbol corrupts its intent. As ES moves in a more
> towards a more “class-ish” feel, and people start writing more classes, a
> type/namespace system isn’t far behind. Implementing some symbols to support
> this helps drive some standard approaches and discourages symbol
> misappropriation.

Atenciosamente,

Augusto Borges de Moura