From: es-discuss <es-discuss-boun...@mozilla.org> on behalf of kai zhu
<kaizhu...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2019 8:06:50 PM
To: Jordan Harband <ljh...@gmail.com>
Cc: Bergi <a.d.be...@web.de>; es-discuss <es-discuss@mozilla.org>
Subject: Re: Optional Curly Braces in JavaScript

unlike python, many [client-side] javascript programs require
rollup/minification into a single dist-file.  removing curly braces (just like
asi) makes that task more difficult.

this is also why esm-import-statements were a terrible idea. ppl like me would
argue frontend-programs (which are mostly non-reusable anyways) should be
written as single dist-files from the start rather than as modules -- and why
python-programmers make terrible [frontend/ux] javascript-programmers in
general.

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019, 04:48 Jordan Harband