On Sep 24, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Garrett Smith wrote:

> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=proposals:maintenance_of_es3
>
> The docs for ES3 are gonna be updated?

No commitment from the group yet to do this.

> Including some changes to the spec?

Again no commitment yet from TG1 to pursue this.

I personally believe that the unsound, untestable/non-executable ES3
spec is a rathole we should avoid. The errata (which are not complete
by a long shot) that we have hosted at http://www.mozilla.org/js/
language/E262-3-errata.html would have to be incorporated, again with
high risk of bugs and no way to test. I think we are much better off
working on the ES4 refimpl and the spec derived in part from it.

/be