On 9/24/07, Brendan Eich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Garrett Smith wrote:
>
> > http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=proposals:maintenance_of_es3
> >
> > The docs for ES3 are gonna be updated?
>
> No commitment from the group yet to do this.
>
> > Including some changes to the spec?
>
> Again no commitment yet from TG1 to pursue this.
>
> I personally believe that the unsound, untestable/non-executable ES3
> spec is a rathole we should avoid. The errata (which are not complete
> by a long shot) that we have hosted at http://www.mozilla.org/js/
> language/E262-3-errata.html would have to be incorporated, again with
> high risk of bugs and no way to test. I think we are much better off
> working on the ES4 refimpl and the spec derived in part from it.

That is disappointing to hear.

I sent an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED], as it is listed on the front of
the manual, but did not get a reply.

If the documentation were amended, understanding would most likely improve.

BTW, I'm having trouble viewing ecmascript.org now.

Garrett

--
Programming is a collaborative art.