Just to follow up quickly.

Jeff and I will have reviewable material (at a minimum a language
base document and the ES4 library spec) ready at least two weeks
before the next TC39 f2f.  We haven't talked about how to
distribute these materials, but an announcement will be made here
and on the TC39 reflector in due course.

(The next TC39 f2f is March 27 and 28, so two weeks before that
is March 13.)

This morning I will also be posting a few small -- frankly
trivial -- draft specs for some ES4 surface features, and any
feedback you have on their substance or format is welcome.

(If there's agreement on the substance then they may make it
into the March TC39 submission, but that depends on what we
have time for, too.  In either case they end up in the spec:
namespace on the wiki once we've converged.)

Each of these proposals directly addresses a point in John Resig's
spreadsheet:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pFIHldY_CkszsFxMkQOReAQ&gid=2

For a number of surface and mid-level features, specs like these
are probably just right in that they define the feature without
needing to make use of heavyweight formalism or discuss every detail
that the full spec will have to pin down.  (For example, the ES3 spec
for Array.prototype.reverse pins down the order of insertions and
deletions in the array.  That order may be observable by the program
(at least in ES4 it is) so it's important for interoperability that
it be specified.  But it's a level of detail that's probably not
very useful in these draft specs.)

The point I'm making is simply that if any implementer among you
feels that a feature listed in the spreadsheet above is interesting
to you and well enough specified in the supporting documents (and in
the RI if you're so inclined) then go forth and write the spec,
and let it be informed by doing a trial implementation.  And then
post the spec here.

--lars